To play on a team, you have to lay your ego aside and respond to someone else’s direction. For a young kid, that concept presents a whole new world. Who first coached you? And what did you learn?
On this episode of the On the Whistle podcast, I talk about mentorship with Dan Koppen, two-time Super Bowl champion for the New England Patriots.
What Dan and I discuss:
- How Dan first got interested in football back in second grade
- Who his first mentors and coaches were and how they influenced him
- When and why parents need to make room for coaches
- Where the transition points lie between high school, college, and pro sports
- …And the halo of great leadership